Turtle Friends Happy Birthday Card Tutorial is perfect to Shell-ebrate someone special. The cards you make using the Turtle Friends Stamp Set can be birthday, baby, friendship, or just because. Stamp the basic turtle first, then stamp the shell in a coordinating or contrasting color add your sentiment and you’re done!
- Stamp Sets – Turtle Friends Bundle (155819)
- Card Stock – Pool Party (122924); Basic White (159276); Crushed Curry (131199); Pattern Party 12” x 12” Designer Series Paper (155426)
- Stamp Pads – Memento Tuxedo Black (132708); Pool Party (147107)
- Misc. – Stampin’ Blends Daffodil Delight Combo Pack (154883); Stampin’ Blends Granny Apple Green Combo Pack (154885); Stampin’ Blends Polished Pink Combo Pack (155520); Stampin’ Blends Pool Party Combo Pack (154894); Stitched So Sweetly Dies (151690); Checks & Dots Embossing Folder (155432); Shaker Shapes (155569); Loose Flower Flourishes (155808); Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush (141897); Take Your Pick (144107); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
- Pool Party: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 2”, 3 1/8”, 5 3/8” & 6 1/2” along the long side
- Pool Party: 2nd largest Stitched So Sweetly rectangular die 2 7/8”” x 4”
- Pattern Party 12” x 12” DSP: (2) 1 3/4” by 5 1/4”, ½” x 1 ¾” strip
- Mango Melody: 2” by 5 1/4”
- Basic White: 2” by 5 1/4”, 3rd largest Stitched So Sweetly rectangular die 2 1/2” x 3 5/8” , scraps for (2) Turtles and 1 hat.
- Start with the Pool Party card base 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 2”, 3 1/8”, 5 3/8” & 6 1/2” along the long side. Fold the scored lines to match the above picture.
- Using the (2) 1 3/4” by 5 1/4” DSP pieces adhere to the left and right sides of card base.
- Emboss the Mango Melody with the Checks & Dots Embossing Folder and adhere to the center.
- Next, using the Pool Party 2 7/8”” x 4” & 2nd largest Stitched So Sweetly rectangular die, run thru the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. You will add 4 dimensionals to just the center, adhere to the middle Mango Melody layer.
- Using the 3rd largest Stitched So Sweetly rectangular die 2 1/2” x 3 5/8” & Basic White CS scrap, run thru the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Stamp the sentiment “happy birthday” with Pool Party Ink to center top. Adhere to Pool Party layer with dimensionals.
- Using Memento Tuxedo Black, stamp the 2 Turtles and birthday hat onto Basic White scrap.
- Using Pool Party Blends, blend the body with the Pool Party Light & the Pool Party Dark for the tail, eye and toes.
- After stamping the 2nd turtle, stamp its shell using the Pool Party Ink. Use the Turtle punch to punch out both Turtles. Fussy cut just the stamped shell and layer onto Turtle with dimensionals. Add Wink of Stella to the shell.
- Color the birthday hat with Granny Apple Green Daffodil Delight, Pool Party & Polished Pink. Fussy cut & add the Pink Flower from the Loose Flower Flourishes and adhere to top of hat with dimensionals. Add to turtle with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Add the turtle to the bottom center Basic White CS with dimensionals and adhere it to the Pool Party Center with dimensionals.
- Use a Polished Pink Heart from the Shaker Shapes and add to right side of turtle shell. Also from the Shaker Shapes, add 2 Daffodil Delight stars randomly.
- Using Pool Party Ink & theBasic White CS2” by 5 1/4”, stamp It’s time to Shell-ebrate on center top. Using the ½” x 1 ¾” DSP strip, adhere just above the center bottom. Adhere to the back center.
You’ll find a shopping list below – you can click on any of the products to see the details and go right to my Stampin’ Up! store:
Use Host Code to Get Extra “Perks” from me:
Use this host code below to place your online order if it is under $150, you will also get extra perks from me! If your order is over $150 DO NOT use the code – you will still get perks from me and you will get your own Stampin’ Rewards from Stampin’ Up! Just copy/paste this code: JW6FRZVQ when placing your order.
Please leave a comment if you have enjoyed my Turtle Friends Happy Birthday Card Tutorial.